Wednesday, March 9

Gave house rental company a call to remind them that my roof was still leaking. Got asked:"Do you seriously believe that when you call us about something like that, something will happen the same day?" Apparently "errrm... yes" was the wrong answer here. Me pointing out:"Well, my roof is leaking, the livingroom floor is slowly flooding, my carpet is soaked, somehow I expected this to get some priority. " didn't really help either. Obviously somebody would contact me later in the day, right?? Yeah right! To be continued tomorrow morning, when I pay them a visit.

This because they also still need to sign some papers for me, among which my application for a "living in a ghetto"-permit, the permit they failed to mention I needed. Also the permit that says in big letters "the owner is aware that it's forbidden to rent this place to somebody without a ghetto permit. (Which strangely enough they don't appear to be calling "ghetto permit") Oh and obviously I'll have to complain about my roof still leaking and I' ll have to inform about where I can claim any damages (a soggy carpet, a wet ceiling, wallpaper coming loose, drowning neighbours downstairs). Something is telling me that tomorrow could once again be interesting. All wish me luck.