Wednesday, March 23

A continuation of the:"Trying become a Rotterdam citizen"-saga. Today I set my goals a little less ambitious than actually becoming a full blown citizen. Instead I went for the "permit to become a citizen" and have to say that I'm pretty surprised that Rotterdam actually still gets new citizens.

I walked into the city hall (well, the district office), all info on wages I had earned in the past year (3 accumulated payslips for my 2 jobs and the 2 months of being unemployd), 3 payslips for this year, a copy of a bank-receipt showing that my current wage is actually being deposited in my bank-account, a form from my rental company showing that they don't have any problem with me living there and another form *gaaah!*

The result:"The lady behind the counter took all the forms from me, and told me that within a couple of weeks (6 according to the website) I'll get a letter with a phone-number in it. I can then call the phone number and make an appointment for somebody to pop by and see whether I'm not secretly 15 asylum seekers or whether my place is unfit to live in. So within 8 weeks I'm actually allowed to officially move in. (Did I say I can get kicked out if I do move in earlier). Needless to say that I'm moving in this weekend. Oh well, everything probably will work out eventually, right?