Friday, May 13

Drove to Florence, found the camp-site and pitched our tent. Then drove into the city to check it out and managed to do the "Florence in half a day"-thing. We failed to see much art but we saw all the other main sights. Cool city, I may need to spend some more time there. Somehow failed to arrive at the meeting point where we were supposed to have tried meetingCrissy's friends. Sorry people!

Observation of the day was that apparently I can survive busy Italian city traffic in a car. With Florence being one of those towns where in some places 4 rows of cars ride around on 3 lane road, driving gets a bit scary now and then. Probably spent more time looking in my mirrors than I did looking forward.

Then driving in Italy has its interesting bits anyways. Whenever I drive 20 km/h over the speed limit on a mountain road and feel like I'm really doing top-speed everybody except for old ladies, tourists and toddlers on bicycles appear to be wanting to overtake me.

Barbecue at night with Bart.