Thursday, May 17

Singapore

The last time I was in Singapore, I thought it was far too western and it didnt make much of an impression on me. At least now with me flying from Europe, instead of coming in from Malaysia, Singapore made a whole lot more sense to me. It's still not my favourite city but at least now I noticed that it was cheap where as coming in through Malaysia made me shout out:"Whoa! Expensive!" and at least I now noticed the asian influences.

Dropped off our stuff in Chinatown, went for a walk with girlfriend (got hopelessly lost), had some fruit-juices and dinner and eventually girlfriend went to bed. I realised that I had completely forgotten where we had to be tomorrow and at what time (for Rubens pre-wedding party) so I hopped on the internet, found out, mailed my mum to wish her a happy birthday and then went for a short walk through Chinatown (nice). I could get used to this travelling-thing :-)