Wednesday, May 23

Cat-ba island

Woke up, got boated to Cat-Ba island and then set out to do some "light trekking". This did involve a pretty steep hill, which eventually turned into more of a rock-climb than a trek. Still made it to the top, sweating profusely.

After that checked into our hotel, had lunch and went for a Kayak-trip through the bay of Cat-Ba island. Nice! Got out on the other end of the bay and after some cursing and climbing (it wasn't the easiest climb to get there) all ended up swimming in a nice little salt water lake. May have cut my foot a bit on some rocks but I think I'll live.

At night ended up having some drinks with the tour-people, some ditzy Candian girls and some other people. We all ended up drinking some drinks too many, resulting in me doing 'Ice Ice Baby' during karaoke, before we all ended up in what might have been the quietest club I've ever been in. 2 security guards where guarding the dancefloor but they told us that they wouldn't turn up the music for some reason. Stumbled back to the hotel at midnight only to find out that all the doors were locked. Had to wake up some staff to let me stumble in.