Tuesday, January 2

Happy New Year!

Somehow I completely managed to forget to mention a Malaysian colleague visiting in the previous post. I wonder what I'll forget in this one. 3 days of work, which I had planned on doing with my eyes closed but turned out to be more crisis-filled than expected, then a visit from Karen, my Australian friend, who currently lives in London and a pretty successful NY-eve party.

At the start of it all there was some worry that it might turn out duller than planned but when eventually everybody got together, there was plenty of party for all of us. Possibly even a bit too much party for some of us. Karen decided she couldn't handle Nicktor's cocktails and after midnight girlfriend decided that passing out and throwing up (in random order) would be a nice way to end a party. (Note to self, buy more sheet-covers) All NY-eve photos can be found at my flickr-site.

Massive hangover (for some people) and cleanup for others on monday, a walk through Rotterdam at night with Karen and that already gets us to today, where I dropped off Karen at the ferry to Harwich after a bike-ride through "het Kralingse Bos" and shoe shopping.

Oh and UPC digital tv sucks even more than I thought. I've been trying to get rid of it ever since October and I still haven't succeeded. My current problem:"They promised they'd come and pick up my digital receiver today but they kind of forgot" Argh!