Friday, April 7

Started off the day calling the ENECO (water, gas electricity) company to make sure that they wouldn't disconnect me. Got into the interesting debate whether or not I had 2 water/electricity/gas meters. I was pretty much convinced that I only had one of each, ENECO-lady was pretty sure I had two. In the end she claimed that it was my fault for living on 2 house numbers and that I had to contact the city council to settle that.

City council then gave me the phone number people responsible for housenumbers in Rotterdam (Apparently we have those) , until 11:30 I got their answering machine, asking me to please call back between 8am and noon (???) and then I finally got somebody who told me that I'd need to get a building license, etc.

At this point the feeling that people might be steering me in the wrong direction crept up on me so I decided to make my problem somebody else's problem, I called the WBR (woningbedrijf Rotterdam, the people who sold me my place). They said:"This all sounds a bit improbable, we have other people living in units with shared water/electricity/gas and they never have any problems, you probably should go back to ENECO (Gaaah!)

Once again gave ENECO a call and after some more fighting, ENECO lady actually told me that it had all been their mistake. Woohoo. Still... too bad that I had to spend an hour and a half on the phone with numerous people before finding this out.

Had some people over at night for a:"We need to watch the DVD's Lorraine sent me"-session. (Johnny Safran vs. God). Funny.