Thursday, March 9

I must have done interesting stuff on wednesday, if not then at least I got my hair cut but I can't remember much more. Maybe I even did house-related stuff.

Wait a sec, I didn't even get my hair cut, that didn't happen till Thursday. Hmmmm... And on the same day I picked up the floor that will end up in my kitchen (they're look like proper tiles but they're actually laminate).

Seeing as I didn't feel like carrying 18 square meters of tiles up 40 steps, I invited Nicktor along to share the pain and then things took off a bit. Having quite a few tiles in my trunk, I decided to park on the pavement but found a bit of an awkward angle to hit the curb. The end-result:"A flat tire as a result of the tire-wall tearing". Gaah! Nicktor managed to give McR a call before even all the air had left my tire.

And then for the interesting news... Apparently Audi decided that spare-weels were for girls and they equipped my car with a handy leak-filler bottle + compressor. A brilliant idea but not when your tire-wall is torn. Got to call a tow-truck to tow away my car and ended up driving a replacement car. It took me a lot longer than it looks in that sentence, the time from the flat to me getting back home in my replacement Ford Fiesta was 3 hours. Did get some more work done at my place though.

At the same time all say:"Yay!" for company cars and the resulting free service and replacement cars :-)