Friday, March 3

The big day. Spent most of it at work and then moved on to sign the final documents and get the keys to my new place. Biked back home... and then stuff got interesting.

If found a terribly un-professional looking yellow piece of paper dated on the 28th of February telling me that I hadn't been paying for my rent and that if I wouldn't pay within 2 days that they'd remove all my stuff from my appartment. Obviously this letter was by a rental agency I had never even heard from and I had been paying my rent but I figured it might be a bright idea to give the person who sent the letter a call before he'd remove all my stuff a day ago.

Got somebody on his mobile who didn't speak the language (at all) but who managed to tell me that he'd look into it. Left for my new place to do some stuff and while in the car got a phonecall that I had been a bad boy, that mr rental guy was now standing in front of my place and that I'd better pay my rent or.... Tried telling rental guy that I really had been paying my rent (impossible), that I was not going to turn round my car to argue with him and that I'd like to see some somewhat more legal documents before he'd start removing stuff from my place. Private rental agencies in Dutch big cities aren't exactly known for their subtlety. Somehow the conversation ended in threats that he'd come and visit me some other time soon.

And then 30 minutes later the phone rang again telling me:"Whoops, I had to be at 19c, not 15c". Gaah!

Spent the night at geek Ronald's new place with Remco and Marjoleine, playing with his eye-toy and wondering how somebody can keep his house as incredibly tidy as Ronald does. Brilliant place though.