Sunday, June 26

For some reason I had registered for the free "vehicle control"-course Arinso offered us, which sadly enough was on the same day as the ParkPop festival. Apparently free expensive stuff rates above guaranteed fun in my book. Obviously I forgot to factor in that this course meant getting up at 6:45 and driving 130 km to Lelystad.

And while 6:45 am is early on weekdays (actually, usually I get up at 6:30), it feels somehow even worse on Sundays. Then commuting on Sundays is easier, I'd love to be able to blast my way to work at 140 km/h every day of the week. (Then this would probably get somewhat expensive traffic-fine wise).

Because of this I managed to appear in Lelystad in 1 hour and 10 minutes and be there half an hour early. *gaah!*. The training day turned out to be half fun and useful, the other half was fun as well but due to new cars nowadays having ABS not as useful IMHO. In the old days they'd teach you how to avoid crashing into a brick wall, by showing you that it's impossibly to brake and steer at the same time. So you'd have to brake, release the brake, avoid object, and brake again. Nowadays it's just "break hard and steer". Still, nice to have tried it once or twice in a controlled environment.

At night had a barbecue at my aunts place with father, mother and girlfriend. Borrowed a grinder to tackle the bicycle lock problem.