Tuesday, August 22

Still holiday-ing

Fortunately I had taken today off as well for I'm still not feeling 100%. Spent the day unpacking stuff, doing laundry and buying a wireless network-card so that now I can finally use my wireless router. (I gave up on somebody fixing it at work without losing my laptop for a long while) Played with wireless for most of the afternoon untill I fell asleep again. Oh and while I was waiting at the police station to report my missing passport, Nicktor gave me a call to tell me that my passport had been sent from Austria by the camping-people. Yay! Camping people!

Joined up with Remco, Adriaan, Ronald and Remco's colleague Rik for the annual bierloop. (A sponsored pubcrawl basically held around my place). This one didn't even do too badly on the list of "best bierloop". They had proper beer-mugs, they had t-shirts, entry was cheap and on the way out Remco stole another stamp-card so that we had to down 24 pints of beer with 5 people. (At this point I started to suspect that my plan of only drinking 3 pints might not work this night).

Sadly for the bierloop people they left us a phone number to call in case of an emergency. And call we did. With some interval, 4 of us claimed that the local Belgian beer-pub (and a stop at the bierloop) had completely run out of beer. The organisers believed us and promised us more beer. Then by the time we made it to Plan C, it had closed as well, which gave us even more beer. By this time I was starting to suspect that the:"Yay! Loads of beer!"-sound in the back of my head would tomorrow probably be drowned out by a severe hangover. When did I have to start work again?