Saturday, December 31

The return of girlfriend. Spent the morning cleaning up me and retrieving lots of things that girlfriend might want to have, then eventually picked up Annemarie, drove to Schiphol airport and picked up girlfriend. She still recognises me and wasn't wielding a Finnish boyfriend called Yari *yay!*.

Got blindsided by Annemarie when I had to drive past my place to pick up girlfriend's bedsheets, right before I closed my door, she apparently asked me:"Bring weed". Which, if not expected can apparently be a pretty puzzling sentence. Spent a whole car-ride trying to decide what she wanted me to bring. In the end decided that she probably did say weed, after a quick visit to a coffeeshop and a quick check at girlfriends' place it turned out that I had missed a whole conversation about smoking pot on NY-eve.

Did the first part of my NY-eve in Rotterdam and then took off for Leiden with Nicktor and McR. (Girlfriend didn't feel like coming and we had already decided that we were going). Great party, loads of drunk people, McR managing to spoil Nicktors chances with every girl (and guy) in the room and me sober for the whole evening. Still wondering how that happened, after all I had already arranged for my car to be taken back by McR. A phonecall around midnight to girlfriend taught me that all the weed had already been smoked (the phonecall consisted of 20 minutes of laughter from the other side).

Eventually drove back home, tried to drop off McR at his place, failed, then dropped him off at Nicktor's place and drove girlfriend-wards. Strangely enough she hadn't even passed out :-)